At our most recent General Membership meeting our friend Bill Pennington talked about the Run for the Troops 5K at the general membership meeting. We were all inspired to hear about this event and how it helps our military and injured soldiers. We decided to open a Wicked team and encourage you all to join the team and run for this great cause.
The club team is “Team Wicked Nation”. Let’s get a huge sea of red at this race to support a terrific cause!
There will be prizes for Fastest and largest team.
- Teams can have both Runners and Walkers.
- Teams of 30 or over will get a tent and team name sign.
- Teams of 15 or over will have their team name on their shirts.
Sunday – April 12, 2015
9 am Start
Andover Town Offices
36 Bartlet Street, Andover MA
Register here and choose “Team Wicked Nation”: http://www.runforthetroops5k.com/registration.shtml
Join us for the very first Wicked Trivia Night!
Date: Tuesday, March 24th
Time: 8-10pm. We will have tables reserved for our group beginning at 7:30.
Place: The Tavern in the Square, Salem
This is a live trivia event where teams answer questions in a variety of categories and compete for prizes. Prizes being offered by the Tavern include gift cards to the Tavern as well as several free giveaways! No experience is necessary to play (although having a head full of useless facts certainly helps).
The general membership meeting will follow starting at 7:30pm. We will have a few folks talking about upcoming events at this meeting:
- Bill Pennington will talk about his awesome race for an amazing cause, Run for the Troops. Check out this video that promotes the race and the cause it supports.
- Allison Rickenbach will update us on our first social event of 2015: Trivia Night! Yay!
- Kelly Pheulpin will tell us more about a charity Wiffle Ball event and how we can get a Wicked team to participate.