Salem Park, Recreation & Community Services Road Race Series 2013
The Salem Race Series gives runners a chance to experience a wide variety of seasonal events, from the chill of January to the heat of August, from a one mile run to a half-marathon, from a flat course to a hilly cross-country challenge. All races start and finish in Salem and support The City of Salem Recreation programs for all ages, as well as other local charities, so your hard work will not only be rewarded, but will supplement continuing programs such as this in the future.
The 6th annual Salem Race Series will be a blast to the past!
We are bringing back the original five races that made the Salem Race Series so successful. Do you have what it takes to complete 26.2 miles over five races in 2013?
Complete all 5 races and receive a hooded sweatshirt with the race series logo.
The 2013 race series includes:
1) Tuesday, January 1: Frosty Four New Year’s Day Race 10 a.m. 4 mile, relatively flat course, some rolling hills. In partnership with the Wicked Running Club; a portion of proceeds support youth scholarships.
2) Sunday, March 17: 5k Cross-Country Run at Olde Salem Greens 9 a.m. 5k, hilly and challenging course. A portion of proceeds benefit Salem High School Cross Country team.
3) Friday, August 16: The Derby Street Mile 7 p.m. One mile, flat and fast course; great family run. A portion of proceeds benefit Salem Youth Basketball.
4) Saturday, September 21: Wicked Half Marathon 8 a.m. 13.1 mile loop through Salem and Marblehead. In partnership with B&S Fitness.
5) Thursday, November 28: Wild Turkey 5 Mile Run 8 a.m. Thanksgiving Day, fairly flat course along scenic waterfront route. All proceeds from Wild Turkey 5 Mile Run to benefit Boys & Girls Club of Greater Salem.
Thank you for your interest in the Salem Race Series. As a Road Runners Club of America – Runner Friendly Community, this race series encourages runners to experience the best in running & racing that Salem has to offer.
Tim Short, Salem Race Series Director
Download the 2013 Salem Race Series app by clicking here.
Sign up for the 2013 online by clicking here.
To qualify for the hooded sweatshirt, you must officially register for and complete all five Salem Park, Recreation & Community Services races listed above. There is no extra fee to participate in the 2013 Race Series. Just fill out this application and return it by 1/1/13 and start training!
Name:_____________________________Age (as of 1/1/13):____ Male:__Female:__
Address:___________________________ City:____________ State:____Zip:______
Hooded Sweatshirt (Circle One): S M L XL Return by 1/1/13 to: Tim Short, Salem Park, Recreation & Community Services, c/o 2013 Race Series 5 Broad St., Salem, MA 01970