Join Us for a Weekly Run and “Get Caught Running” With the Wicked Running Club!
Wicked Running Club members run at different paces so no matter your level, there is always someone in the pack running at your speed!
Tuesday/Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
Rain or shine, Wicked members meet Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 5:30 am (departing around 5:35) next to the Front Street parking lot (free parking till 8 am) for a five mile run that rounds Salem Common, the Willows, Juniper Point, and Winter Island. The intended pace is “conversational” with the option to go off the front or hang back as training plans dictate.
Folks gather near 6 Front Street (either side) prior to departure, the main group usually finish around 6:20 am.
- Front Street to Hawthorne Boulevard
- Around the Common to Andrew Street and out Collins Cove
- Along Collins Cove onto Memorial Drive
- Up Memorial Drive, past Camp Naumkeag and around the Willows
- Around Juniper Point and out to Winter Island back to Fort Avenue
- Down Derby to Central Street and back to Front Street
Thursday at 6:45 p.m.
“No Rest for the Wicked” (a.k.a. NRFTW). The route is about 3.1 miles and Wicked runners meet at the Salem Common entrance by the Hawthorne Hotel. They meet rain or shine, provided there are no municipal/governmental storm warnings in effect requesting people to stay at home.
- Salem Common to Little Hawthorne Blvd.
- A left on Derby Street and partway into Juniper Point
- A left on Lowell Street continuing through the Willows parking lot area
- Left on Memorial Drive which eventually becomes Essex Street
- Left onto Little Hawthorne Blvd.
- Finishes at the corner of Little Hawthorne Blvd. and Derby Street by the Immaculate Conception parking lot
Check out the Facebook page!
Saturday Morning Group Run
Go Classic: This is the group run that started them all! Each Saturday morning the club meets at Forest River Park and the distances and paces vary. Before the run, club info is give about upcoming events and members are welcome to plug any race that they might be running. Meet Marissa R. at Forest River Park at 8:00 a.m. for the Wicked Saturday Morning Group Run. This run has been meeting for years . This run is great for all paces and you can run as short or long as you’d like. No need to RSVP–just show up and run!
Sunday at 9:15am
“Donut Worry Be Happy Sundays” is a fun four-mile scenic route through Salem – rain or shine. Runners meet at the Salem Commons entrance by the Hawthorne Hotel (in case of rain – under the hotel canopy). We welcome all paces and abilities! This is an untimed “you do you” run – feel free to stay with the group, cut the route short, make the route longer, do a tempo run, walk/run etc. The most important thing to keep in mind if you get separated from the pack, is to join us at In A Pig’s Eye at 10am for “refueling.” (Beer, bloodies, pancakes… this run is just a clever ruse to make unwise dietary decisions and socialize with your fellow runners).
(Um, so what’s the deal with the donuts? We used to meet up at 62 when they had a home-made donut and cocktail bar on Sundays. Sadly, that no longer exits – but we kept the name out of convenience/laziness. And of course, the “spirit of the donut” lives on in all of us).
Here is a link to the course:
Check out the Facebook page!
- Head through the Salem Commons and onto Andrew St
- Cross Webb St and head onto the bike/pedestrian path along Collins Cove
- Continue onto Szeteka Ln/Memorial Dr
- Continue onto Restaurant Row (past Dead Horse Beach) and take the pedestrian path around Willows Park
- Exit Willows Park onto Beach Ave
- Turn left onto Bay View Ave
- Turn left onto Columbus Ave
- Continue down Fort Ave
- Continue onto Derby St
- Turn left into the Salem Maritime Park entrance
- Head to the lighthouse, turn around to come back and end at the Friendship for 4.0miles. (Or you can just stop at the Friendship for 3.5miles)
Slowest Runner Sets the Pace Group Runs
Are you new to running? Making a comeback? Do you enjoy running with a fun group of people? The Slowest Runner Sets the Pace group might be just perfect for you! The group meets at various times through the week for both running and cross-training opportunities. Get the most up-to-date schedule and workouts by joining the Slowest Runner Sets the Pace facebook group.
Weekly workouts include:
- Wednesday night at D5K 7:00 Osborne Tavern
- Thursday at NERC 6:15
- Sunday at 7:30-8 location TBA for a longer run workout